I have been finishing up some blocks this week and completed two more for my version of the BTCT quilt. Initially, I was unsure about the fabric I have used for the urn. I felt it was too heavy, but it has all the colours which I am using in the quilt and when I layed the pattern over the top the design fitted just perfectly, so... but all those fingers! This block completes my first row. No photograph though I am afraid as I live in a small cottage and just do not have the floor space, so I'll take the blocks into work next week and take a photo then.
Although I did not enjoy making all those berries (and I have still got to make all those grapes!), I am pleased with the outcome. I particularly like the basket fabric which whilst it looks too contemporary, I think blends in well. It reminds me of some of the fabrics in the Julia Southgate quilt dated about 1807 and in the V & A Museum collection, so many of the fabrics in that quilt you would have thought it had been made in 2007!
I am looking forward to the next block which should be up sometime today or tonight. I am also working on my first wreath for the quilt, so hopefully I will finish stitching it during the week.