Tuesday, September 27, 2011


If we are going to do it like the orginal I think if I cut a border 90" that would be enough.

16" blocks x 5 + 8" border= 88" 

Can someone doublecheck me on that?

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Block 23

I managed another block! Woo-Hoo!!

Did you all read Gaye's post about the border construction? She is giving directions to do them the traditional way but the original maker did them like this diagram. Very fascinating!! My plan is to keep them like the original. What about you all? Any thoughts on that?

Saturday, September 17, 2011

#22 is done

Finally have something to show.  Here is #22. I still have two more blocks and now one border that I am behind in, but progress is progress.  

Monday, September 12, 2011

Two more...

Decided to work on two of the more simplified blocks -
 The second one sure is a good example of my inexperience with applique.Tried a number of techniques on the little gold centers for the 6 small flowers and everything looked clumsy. Ended up doing a circle of french knots on each one instead. I need more patience when working with small pieces...
Better get moving on  more of the blocks now that the first of the border patterns has been downloaded!
Have a good week everyone and
Happy Stitching!



The right side border is posted!! Woo-Hoo! Almost done with last months block..

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blocks 21, 22 and 23

I have blocks 21, 22 and 23 completed.  Only two more to do.  The bow on block 23 was a little difficult for me but it didn't pucker too much when I washed it and I didn't put the cherries on block 21.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Block 11

Block 11
This block seems to have taken me forever and yet it is such a simple one - maybe that's it! I have added a couple of new fabrics to this block - a red from the French General range and a mustard batik, which will add to the collection as I am getting concerned that I will not have enough of the mustard coloured fabrics to complete the blocks and do the vine border, so I am looking forward to seeing the vine pattern this month.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Block 13

I'm pretty sure this is Block 13. I'm glad it's finished. Now to prep a few more blocks. I'm all out of applique. I have to admit, I'm getting much braver to make changes, I'm now doing my applique needle turn which has eliminated a few steps, and I'm more confident with my stitching. This has been such a great project to help develop my skills.