Friday, August 31, 2012

Binding (verb)....

It's really been quiet on this board.  I know for a fact that many of you are still working on your blocks and we would love for you to share your progress.  

I put my quilt on hold because of the 100 degree weather, so today I decided to put the binding on my quilt.  It's 95 degrees out.  I know....don't ask...I don't have an  answer as to why I picked today to pick up this big and heavy quilt.  

Stitching....


Going around the curves....


Trimming....


Gosh, there's a lot of quilt here to handle....


All trimmed....


Attaching the clips....


Glad I chose to use a bias binding...especially for these curved corners.

Now I am going to sit and stitch that binding down.  

I intend to put a sleeve on this, a label and then start sending off my applications for quilt shows.  

Now...how about a sneak peek at how your's are coming along?

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see your quilt. Our days should start cooling down and I'll be back to hand quilting. Did the original have curved corners? I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks amazing. I'm working on the last border, I'll post over the weekend. Loving how it's coming along and I'm so close to having my top done.

    ReplyDelete