I attached my third border today leaving the stems loose where it would be attached since I thought they were supposed to flow from one side to the next.
They were way off, so I started looking back at photos and realized they aren't supposed to meet up. Now mind you....this really bothers me.....but in keeping with the antique "reproduction", I stitched those two vines down where they were supposed to be. Although, I do feel that mine were a little farther apart than they should be. So to help fill the void (that bothered me, too), I added another cherry. No one is going to notice.
If anything, people are going to wonder why these vines don't flow ALL THE WAY around this quilt. Hope they read the little commentary that will be written about this quilt when it is done.
I am still thinking that more than one person worked on this quilt and that would explain why these borders are made the way they are.
I would have given you a bigger picture, but this quilt is BIG and there was no one home to help
me with it, so you are just getting the important parts today.
Now on to side #4.
Have a Happy Easter everyone.