Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mary's Block 5

Block 5

To me, this looked more like a folk art block.  There's something about the shape of the pot and the funky buds that just looked more folk art so I chose to make my stems thicker for block 5. 

I ordered an extension table for my Bernina that I picked up this morning so now I'm going to mark, baste, and attempt to machine quilt the top I made last month so it may be a while before I get to block 6.  Or I may work on it in the evening.  I'll just have to see what mood I'm in.

6 comments:

  1. I think you're right. It does look folk art. I like how you've fussy cut the buds/cherries. You are moving along quickly. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I also like it done with the blue basket/pot!! Woo-Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue. How funny, I used the same print for the pot trim but a different color on my block. I think the pot is red and the trim is green. I really like the red paisley flowers. I keep thinking it needs more flowers as I'm working on mine, but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Mary. I am just loving all the new blocks that are getting posted. This is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block...and you will love the extension table for your Bernina...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely block! I'm really glad I discoverd this blog! You're making me want to make this quilt!

    ReplyDelete