Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My #5

I really enjoyed this block.  A little bit of a challenge with the overlays on the flower pot and the ends of the stems,(I'm sure there is a name for this part of the flower?) which I did using the back basting method, and the relaxation of all the leaves and bias stems.  That made for some easy stitching in the last few week.  Now onto #6.  If I can prep it and have it in a take and go place by Christmas eve, I'll be thrilled as I'm going to be away for a couple of days.  It will be my quiet time, while others read or watch tv.
Are you all getting ready for Christmas? I am.
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Its a sweet block, Sharon - I find the wonkiness of both the pot and scalloped edge quite charming. Your variety of greens makes it very lively indeed. Happy holidays! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful!! I am ready for Christmas and even had a chance to prep my next block yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I like the cheddar (at least on my screen) berries. I don't think I've ever seen the red you used for the pot - whose fabric is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I believe that is a Jo Morton fabric. I used it here as well. http://grassrootsquilting.blogspot.com/search/label/four%20block%20quilts
    I will double check when I get home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love everyone's choices. Sure makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I looked for the collection name but the selvage was blank. If I get to that store tomorrow when I'm in town, I'll check for you.

    ReplyDelete