Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Block # 18

I was away for the weekend and needed a nice, portable project for any sewing opportunity that presented itself.  The timing for publishing Block # 18 was perfect.  I haven't used as many scraps as in previous blocks because I wanted to travel light. 


I couldn't make my mind up what fabric to use for the rosettes, so I decided that "more is more".  It is a fun, easy block with only four circles.  Compare that  to Block # 16.  I am still working on the final two bunches of grapes.  For a sneak preview, jump on over to here.  While you're there, I would be thrilled if you enter the giveaway.  It would be great if one of the BTCT followers won!

9 comments:

  1. I like that you used all the different fabrics in a flower. And lots of fabrics for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful innovative approach to the flowers - a really beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no doubt, the flowers are beautiful - great idea.

    Wendy W

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the flowers! I love your leaf fabrics, too, especially the fabric with the dark squiggly lines. This is an amazing block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block is beautiful. I love your flowers and you certainly have plenty of variety in there. Makes for a very pretty block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful block, love the variety of colors in each flower, Creative! And you are done so fast, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been prepping this block and have been prevaricating about the 4 flowers - all the same or each one different? but I *love* your interpretation and I am tempted to do likewise now - oh dear, all these stimulating ideas from a wonderful group, I wish I wasn't at work right now and could go home and fabric play!

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block is really beautiful and what a brilliant idea for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete