Well, actually there have been a few of you who were interested in how I was going to do my borders scrappy.
Tonight I laid out my completed center on the basement floor and auditioned my remaining background fabrics. I had already cut them out to 8 1/2" wide strips and now just needed to know where they were going to be placed.
I now have them all cut to size and sewn together.
Now to get busy appliquing.
Tonight is going to be devoted to tracing more leaves and getting the freezer paper for them cut out. Most of my cherries are made and I guess I am going to have to make yards of vine.
I didn't have a whole lot of background fabrics left, so I feel fortunate that I was able to get the borders out of what I had....although I did go and buy some 1/4 yard pieces of French General. In the end, I only used one of those newer fabrics. It's not used in the quilt, but it is a coordinating fabric, so I am not worried about that.
Once all my
ducks applique pieces are in a row. I will be stitching feverishly. I want this quilt!!!