Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thank you!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.  I appreciate each and every one of them.

To answer a couple of questions, I'll use Dream Cotton in Request weight for the batting.  

Second is I called a long arm quilter about basting but I don't want to wait.  You'd think after two years stitching the blocks, another month wouldn't be that bad but I want to get going now!  I had a really hard time waiting for each block to be posted.  It's not so much that I'm a Type A because the older I get the more relaxed I get about a lot of things.  It's more that I'm a start to finish kind of person, a do it now or it may not get done at all type.   You know, the out of sight out of mind type.

I'll be posting progress on my own blog but when it's completely finished, I'll be back with a picture.  Just don't hold your breath because this is going to take a while.  Until then, I'll be checking back to see how the rest of you are doing.  I expect to see progress!

3 comments:

  1. Mary, I hope you show us a few progress shots of your quilting, seeing one in process will certainly keep me motivated. This has been quite a journey and everyone here has really added to the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree - knowing that there is a group of us who fell in love with this project and are seeing it through to the completion just adds to the provenance of this quilt made so long ago. Are most of you using a print on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type A? I know nothing about that kind of thing. lol. Yes, please show us your progress. We love progress.

    ReplyDelete