Friday, January 27, 2012

Block 22

This is really block 17 for me, but it's listed as #22 in the pattern range.  I took a bit of "artistic liberties" on this block, it just seemed to need more color.  I can't believe I have 17 blocks done.  I started my blocks 16 months ago, so I'm feeling so good about being on task with this project.

Please keep posting as you work through your quilt, seeing the 25 blocks all done by Lori really is motivation to stick to this pattern.  Liz is sending me a pattern to add into this quilt as I've punted a couple of blocks that just don't make my skirt fly up!
Sharon

5 comments:

  1. The block is beautiful. Can't wait to see what makes your "skirt fly up". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Sharon. Love the center flower.
    There were blocks that didn't excite me too much, but it's the 'whole' that I'm excited about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is the whole that makes this quilt. I just didn't want to do those fingerling thingies any more. Lazy? Anyways, I can't wait to see the border on yours.

      Delete
  3. Sharon - looking good!!! Like your centered flower too.
    I hear what you are saying -
    # 23 & 25 are making me wonder about doing something else. They are almost identical. Just finished 23 - while working on 24 will mull it over. Right now just am anxious to have the blocks done & get the 1st border set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25 is one I"m changing. I might make it more along the lines of block 18, that is the only wreath with big flowers on it, so another one similar might be nice.

      Delete