Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two more blocks... done!

It has been some time since I have been able to log on and take a look at everyone's work. There is so much inspiration and talent on this list and I have greatly enjoyed looking back over the last three weeks of entries. I have particularly enjoyed looking at the pictures of quilts nearing completion (well, nearer than mine) - I am just looking forward to finishing a row, although I find it hard to believe that I have now completed 7 blocks so I keep telling myself that that's more than 25% completed LOL!


I stitched the whole of the above block whilst watching the Royal wedding - which was most of the day! I even prepared myself a picnic to watch infront of the TV! But somehow working on this block was very fitting for the day when I discovered the next day the lace around the skirt of HRH Duchess of Cambridge's, which was made at the Royal School of Needlewaork over at Hampton Court Palace, was appliqued onto the dress!

The next block has been "hanging around" for a few weeks and I got it finished last Monday. I am uncertain about one of the fabrics which I am introducing into the quilt for the first time - it seems to dominate mainly because it has some white in the fabric design. I am in two minds as to whether I should remove it?


Well, that's my news. I am two-thirds of the way through another block, so hopefully, I will be able to post that one next weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know which fabric you mean so I'd say it goes with the others well! I like both your blocks and I can't think of a better activity than stitching these while you watched the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Mary - your block has movement and is elegantly blended...nothing jumps out and says "I don't belong here."

    Both blocks - simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is jumping out at me on your blocks, just remember there are 25 blocks so you have plenty of time to add in more of the fabric in question. Very nice, I'm working on my 9th block this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, I see nothing in your blocks that I would remove. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for everyone's comments. As Sharon has said I will wait until I have finished some more blocks before I decide on the "offending" (to me anyway),fabric. It maybe because the leaves for this block were so much larger than the previous blocks that I notice the fabric design so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks balanced to me as well, and like Sharon said, there are still plenty of blocks left to add a bit of the new fabric to bring balance.Your blocks are just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two terrific blocks!! Colors and fabric looks fantastic to me!

    ReplyDelete