Sunday, October 31, 2010

Block Two.....Check!

I got up, poured my coffee and sat and finished block 2.
 I like that all four sides are not symmetrical with their leaves. I pondered filling in the two spots, but then thought that since there are so many other blocks that aren't "perfect" this one will be ok. It's interesting that I don't notice these things on other peoples blocks, yet when it is my work, I become critical. I'm my own worst judge and jury. I keep reminding myself why I quilt and finished is better than....well, you know!
Happy Hallow'een
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Great fabrics! that wavy red is especially tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your block has turned out Sharon. I agree with you regarding the lack of symmetry. I don't feel the urge to change the pattern regarding this. The leaves are rather large for me, but I've found a way around that soothes my sensibilities...however, I am on an urgent requirement to finish quilting another project, so I can't finish and post just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic! Block two done....check!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon I am so glad you talked about what you did with the leaves as I was thinking the same thing, would I add more or leave as is. Guess what I am still not sure! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quirkiness of this quilt is what gives it its charm and that is why I am hoping I continue to stick to the pattern. I love your block Sharon and I, too, love the wavy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block turned out great! Got in a hurry when I made this block and made it more traditional looking. I'm seriously thinking about redoing it to add the quirks which really add to its charm.

    ReplyDelete