Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Block Number 3

I finally settled on a fabric for the vase. This does still look a little busy in the picture but goes well with my other 2 blocks. I like busy and scrappy!


This was my orignal fabric choice for the vase but it felt just a little too "light".


This was my second choice because I really really like this fabric! Again it did not feel balanced and needed a little grounding.
Lesson learned...you can always use a favorite fabric somewhere else but go with that which makes the block "work"! Now to the stitching.

13 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love them all. I kind of like the last one too. You have such great eye for textures and colors! I am so tempted to go with your LOOK when I start my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabrics you have chosen to use for this quilt. They are so cheerful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made the perfect choice for the vase. It anchors the piece & is a great container for all those layered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are other blocks with vases so not to worry, you will have a place for your fabulous prints. Love your fresh take on this project, bright and cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the one you chose, too. I even like all five layers in the central flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all. It's a pity you couldn't include them all. Beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your final choice, I think it balances your block perfectly.

    I also love your fabric combinations, I wish I could be brave enough to do what you are so expertly able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the nice comments. Fiona don't be afraid it is just fabric we can always buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a lot of fun playing around with fabric. I think you've made great choices, it's looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Auditioning the fabrics really shows the different looks. I like the one you chose in the end.

    ReplyDelete